presented by Kay Baker & Associates
Hello and Welcome to the TGIF Scoop.
The proverbial question on every home buyers mind is “will the rates go lower?” With the Federal Reserve buying mortgage back securities this week, the question gets trickier. Alot of different scenarios come into play when the interest rates are decided on. Read more here....
This is an awesome time to consider buying a second home at the beach. Wilmngton NC home buyers this may be one of the best home buying opportunities due to historic low interest rates, foreclosure and short sales, and the large inventory to choose from. Don't miss out on a once in a life time chance to get a really good deal. Call us, use our local knowledge and experience to help guide you. Visit www.cbbaker.com for up the minute MLS listings of homes in our tri-county area. And, we can send you a detailed list of all the short sales and foreclosures on the market. Just send a quick email to email@example.com. We will send the list right to your email box.
Get out this weekend and all the activities that Wilmington has to offer.. And, remember, TGIF.....
Kay Bakers Blog
Wilmington NC Real Estate - cbbaker.com
Get out and enjoy the last couple of long days....Daylight Savings Time starts Sunday November 7- 2 AM
Hannah Block Second Street Stage
Fri. – Sun., 11/12 – 14, 19 – 21 & 26 – 28, 8 p.m. or
Sun. matinees, 3 p.m.
Red Barn Studio
1122 S. Third St.
(910) 762 – 0955
Wed.-Sun., through 11/13, 8 p.m. or Sun matinees, 3 p.m.
Wilmington’s The Full Belly Project
has been named one of 12 finalists in the BBC World Challenge 2010 for perfecting an ingenious low cost nut sheller that can quickly remove the shells of peanuts, coffee, shea, neem, and jatropha. The public picks the winner. Vote here until Nov. 12
Alice in Pirate Land - The Corsair's Cup
Yeah! Locally Filmed One Tree Hill gets picked up for another full eighth season..
SCREEN GEMS STUDIOS
Tour the movie studio, and see where films
and TV shows like "One Tree Hill" and "Dawson's Creek"
are/were filmed. Sat-Sun at noon and 2pm. (910) 343-3433
Mark your Calendars
CUCALORUS 16 film festival Nov. 11-14
CAPE FEAR FAIR AND EXPO
Beginning this year, the fair will donate $1 of every advance ticket toward a newly established scholarship fund at CFCC. Advance tickets (available at area Scotchman stores): $13; or $16 at door. Fair runs from Thurs., 10/28-Sat., 11/6, at Wilmington International Airport.
HOLLYWOOD LOCATION WALK
Tour one of America’s largest living film sets
Historic downtown Wilmington!
Tours will depart Tues., Thurs., Sat. and Sun. afternoons at 2pm.
Reservations are required
Paul Hill's Sculptures
Featuring "Southern Hospitality"
Downtown Post Office
Third and Chestnut St
153 Water St.
New Elements Gallery
Wilmington NC Night Spots
Friday, Nov. 5
Ron Etheridge & Jason Woolwine - Barbary Coast
New Dinosaur - Surfs Bar and Grill
Casserole - Duck and Dive
Saturday, Nov. 6
Digable Planes presents Doodle Bug Live - 16 Taps
Classy Karaoke with Mandy Clayton - Remedies
Blues Jam - Rusty Nail
Sunday, Nov. 7
Perry Smith - Aubrianas
SEA SALT BAKERY
Longtime Wilmington Chef David Herring has opened a new bakery in Hampstead called "Sea Salt" Wonderful muffins and baked goods and rumor has it he will add his famous 'SOUPS'!
17011 US Highway 17 N
Hampstead, NC 28443
*2 roasted red peppers, seeded and sliced into 1/2-inch-thick strips
* 3/4 cup coarsely chopped marinated artichoke hearts
* 3/4 cup stemmed and sliced pepperoncini
* 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
* 2 medium portobello mushrooms, cleaned and sliced into 1/2-inch-wide strips
* 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
* 1 (1-pound) loaf ciabatta, sliced in half horizontally, insides removed, and toasted
* 4 thin slices provolone cheese (about 4 ounces)
1. Place a fine mesh strainer over a medium bowl and put red peppers, artichokes, and pepperoncini in the strainer. Press lightly on the vegetables to extract any liquid; set aside.
2. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat until shimmering. Place mushrooms in the pan and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cook, undisturbed, until mushrooms are golden brown on the bottom, about 3 minutes. Flip and cook until mushrooms are soft and golden brown on the other side, about 4 minutes more. Drizzle vinegar over mushrooms and cook until vinegar has been absorbed, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. Lay the bottom half of the bread on a clean work surface and evenly distribute all of the reserved olive salad. Spread mushrooms evenly over olive salad and top with cheese slices. Press lightly on the reserved red peppers, artichokes, and pepperoncini in the strainer to extract any additional liquid, then distribute evenly over the cheese. Cover with top half of the bread and press down firmly to compact the sandwich. Slice into 4 to 6 sections and serve.
ALL UNITS REDUCED UP TO $30, 000!
SPECIAL PRICING ON ALL 3 UNITS -
Call Chris Rice - On Site Agent